Float effortlessly, drifting over reefs. Be the diver you want to be, with ultimate buoyancy control, able to hover close to the bottom and examine underwater organisms without touching them.
Buoyancy skills separate the good divers from the greatdivers. In the Peak Performance Buoyancy Speciality course, you will learn to how to precisely weight yourself for optimum control, poise and balance. You learn to ascend and descend so effortlessly, it seems like you only think about it and it happens. By mastering streamlining, you move through the water cleanly, efficiently and gracefully. You swim near fragile environments without harm to them or yourself.
During two scuba dives, you’ll learn how to:
- Determine the exact weight you need, so you’re not too light or too heavy.
- Trim your weight system and scuba gear so you’re perfectly balanced in the water.
- Streamline to save energy, use air more efficiently and move more smoothly through the water.
- Hover effortlessly in any position – vertical or horizontal.
For each skill you instructor will be focussing on your buoyancy techniques, body position and control.
- Minimum 10 years of age
- Be certified as a PADI Open Water (or have a qualifying certification from another training organisation similar to that of a PADI Open Water Diver).
- You should be in relatively good health and fitness, You will need to make sure that you can answer ‘no’ to all the questions on the medical questionnaire, if not you will need medical clearance from a doctor.
- Course tuition
- First air fill at open water site
- Equipment Hire
- Entrance to Dive Site – (£15) payable directly to site
- Subsequent air fills – (£3.50 – £4.50) payable directly to site