The Divemaster course is the first PADI professional certification.
At Aquanaut this course is completed on an internship basis. This means you work alongside our team of instructors, working with real students and you can progress at your own pace dependant on your available time.
Mentored by one of our Staff Instructors, throughout the course you will gain knowledge and role model techniques that that will turn you into a true dive professional.
The PADI Divemaster course teaches you to be a leader and take charge of dive activities. Through knowledge development sessions, waterskills exercises and workshops, and hands-on practical assessment, you develop the skills to organise and direct a variety of scuba diving activities. Topics and practical workshops include:
- The role and characteristics of the PADI Divemaster
- Supervising dive activities and assisting with student divers
- Diver safety and risk management
- Divemaster conducted programs and specialized skills
- Business of diving and your career
- Awareness of the dive environment
- Dive setup and management
- Mapping an open water site
- Conducting dive briefings
- Organising a search and recovery project and a deep dive
- Conducting a scuba review and skin diver course
- Assisting with Discover Scuba Diving and leading Discover Local Diving programs
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Advanced Open Water Diver and Rescue Diver or have an equivalent certification from another training organisation. CPR and first aid training completed in the last 24 months.
- Medical clearance for diving signed by a physician (current within the last 12 months).
- 40 logged dives
- Course tuition & mentoring throughout course
- Air Fills
- Divemaster E-Learning
- Divemaster E-Learning Crew Pack – includes PADI Instructor Manual, Encyclopaedia of Recreational diving, Workbook Scuba Tune Up , Divemaster slates. Aquanaut Price £150.
- Equipment Hire
- Entrance to Dive Sites – £10 – £18 per day (payable directly to site.)